Invitation to the 3P Adsorption Week 11th-14th May 2020 in Leipzig
Herewith we would like to invite you to Leipzig!
For the fourth time the “Workshop on Adsorption and Characterization of porous solids” and the “Leipziger Symposium on Dynamic Sorption” will take place in Leipzig in May 2020.
During these two events, you can discuss the characterization of established adsorbents, such as zeolites and activated carbons, but also of new materials such as MOFs and COFs for technical applications as well as for the general characterization of porous materials.
The venue for the workshop and symposium on 12th and 13th May 2019 will be the Victor’s Residenz Hotel in Leipzig (centrally located, close to the main railway station).
In addition, we offer you the opportunity to participate in live demonstrations of various sorption devices at the Leipzig sites of 3P Instruments and the Institute for Non-Classical Chemistry (INC) during the practice days on the day before and after both events (11.05., 13-16 h and 14.05., 9-12 h).
„Workshop on Adsorption and Characterization of porous solids“
On 12th May, the 3P Instruments Workshop will take place. A number of speakers will talk about the following topics:
- Prof. Dr. Jean Rouquerol (Université Marseille): „The Concept of Surface Area of Porous Solids, with Special Attention to the BET Area: Pitfalls and Usefulness“
- Prof. Dr. Grit Kalies (HTW Dresden): „Characterization of Carbon Molecular Sieves by Gas and liquid Adsorption“
- Dr. Martin Oschatz (Max-Planck-Institut für Kolloid- und Grenzflächenforschung/Universität Potsdam): „Advanced Tools for the Adsorptive Characterization of Carbon Materials with Hierarchical Pore Architecture “
- Dr. Sabine Wrabetz (Fritz Haber Institut, Berlin): „Adsorption Isothermal Microcalorimetry and beyond: New Insights on Active Sites of Key Catalyst Materials“
- Dr. Dietmar Klank (3P Instruments, Odelzhausen): „In search of the True Surface Area – Nitrogen vs. Noble Gases“
- Dr. Christian Reichenbach (3P Instruments, Leipzig): „Comparative Characterization of Porous Solids using different Adsorptives“
- Dr. Andreas Möller (3P Instruments, Leipzig): „Sorption Equilibria of Gas Mixtures measured by Flow Methods”
The focus is on the latest developments and trends in the characterization of porous and finely dispersed materials using gas adsorption and complementary techniques. Current technical and theoretical approaches in the analysis of classical adsorbents and novel porous systems, from A for activated carbon to Z for zeolites, will be discussed. In addition, our 3P Instruments specialists are also available to answer your individual questions.
Due to many requests from different groups, we will also discuss experiences with the use of hardware and software principles for micropore and BET surface measurements and the possible influence of different adsorbents on the results of gas adsorption instruments.
The workshop also offers the opportunity to present your own work in the form of an A0 poster. All posters are visible throughout the day and can be discussed during the breaks. The posters can be submitted until 30.04. (title and abstract).
„Leipziger Symposium on Dynamic Sorption“
The Leipzig Symposium is organized by our partner, the Institute for Non-Classical Chemistry (INC). We are pleased to support this conference already in its fourth year.
The focus of the symposium is on dynamic sorption processes which are viewed from different perspectives and which follow the development from research to industry.
The event serves to exchange experiences and inspire research and development through new measurement techniques. In addition, an overview of dynamic sorption process modelling will be presented by experts in this field.
The presentations will be given by our national and international guests from research and industry, among others:
- Prof. Dr. Alírio Rodrigues (Universidade do Porto)
- Dr. U. Jordan (ZHI)
- Dipl.-Ing. Dirk Otter (TU Kaiserslautern)
- Dr. Andreas Möllmer (Institut für Nichtklassische Chemie, Leipzig)
- Dr. Robert Eschrich (3P Instruments, Leipzig)
Scientific posters (title and abstract) can be submitted until 30th April at info@3P-instruments.com.
To register online for the Leipziger Symposium, go to:
We are looking forward to your registration!